New Year Resolution – Build powerful conversational bots!
It’s the start of 2022! This brings an opportunity to reflect on what you have and haven’t enjoyed, but also a chance to try something new. Well, for those of you looking to build skills in conversational AI to serve your colleagues and customers at scale, you’re at the right place!
What is Power Virtual Agents (PVA)?
- PVA empowers everyone to create intelligent conversational bots – from citizen developers, business users to professional developers alike – to seamlessly build secure and scalable virtual agents.
- Whether it’s a simple FAQ or a complex conversational requirement, accelerate bot building with an intuitive world-class designer to respond to both customer and colleague needs.
- Enable fusion development throughout the organization without compromising quality through a collaborative bot-building approach where subject matter experts and developers can partner.
- Pro developers can easily extend bots using the Bot Framework Composer (included in the PVA subscription) – all in the cloud – meaning there are no concerns about managing the underlying infrastructure.
- Embed Power Automates’ digital process automation into conversations, with hundreds of prebuilt connectors for your line of business applications.
- Native integration with other Microsoft tools including Teams, Dynamics 365 Customer Service, and the Power Platform to maintain efficiencies without leaving applications.
- Built on the Microsoft Bot Framework, makers can deploy bots with multi-lingual, multi-modal, and multi-channel experiences.
- Continuously improve bots with out-of-the-box natural language understanding and AI self-learning features and analytics.
Power Virtual Agents STARTING LINKS
- Learn the tool and UI: Get started for free | Guided click through
- Key links: Website | Blog | Documentation | Community | Suggest Ideas | YouTube Playlist | PVA in a day | Self-paced PVA in a day (Download)
- Recent News: Future of bot building | Analyst report | ROI/Business Value Reports | New Features
Join the Cloud Skills Challenge for Power Virtual Agents!
For the month of January, Power Virtual Agents has its very own Cloud Skills Challenge! this includes a tailored set of learning content about Power Virtual Agents with a fun leaderboard to see how you match against other learners.
Sign up here and share with your friends and colleagues.
If you manage to complete all 17 modules, tweet us @MSPowerVirtual with the #PVAchallenge and a screenshot!
I am NEW, help me get started
Beginner Learning Paths:
- Introduction to Power Virtual Agents
- How to build a basic chatbot
- Enhance Power Virtual Agents bots
- Get started with Power Virtual Agents bots
- Manage topics in Power Virtual Agents
- Create apps, chatbots, flows, and more with Microsoft Dataverse and Teams
- Create a chatbot with Power Virtual Agents and Dataverse for Teams
I have SOME EXPERIENCE
- Create bots with Power Virtual Agents
- Manage Power Virtual Agents
- Proactive Messaging in Power Automate RPA and Power Virtual Agents processes
- Implementing a Power Virtual Agents Fallback Topic
- Using Global Variables in Power Virtual Agents
- Logging Salesforce Cases Using Power Virtual Agents and Power Automate
- Parsing Dates with Power Virtual Agents and Power Automate
- Connecting Power Virtual Agents to ServiceNow using Power Automate
- Solution Architect series: Power Platform architecture
- Solution Architect: Design Microsoft Power Platform solutions
- Solution architect series: Explore Power Virtual Agents
- Solution Architect series: Testing and go-live
- Solution Architect series: Evaluate Power Platform analytics and AI
- Custom Validation in Power Virtual Agents using Regular Expressions
- Adding Thumbnail Cards to Power Virtual Agents/Bot Composer Framework Chatbots
I am looking for BEST PRACTICES
- Power Virtual Agents quick start guide | Ebook
- Power Virtual Agents whitepaper | Download
- Power Virtual Agents best practices | Download | Blog
- Building responsible bots | Guidance
- Community posts | Murali Kumanduri | Dhina Gajavarathan
I am looking for CERTIFICATIONS, COURSES & BOOKS
Microsoft Official Certifications:
- Power Platform App Maker (PL-100)
- Power Platform Fundamentals (PL-900)
- Power Platform Functional Consultant (PL-200)
- Power Platform Solution Architect (PL-600)
- LinkedIn Learning course: Getting started
- Packt’s Power Virtual Agents Book: Empowering Organizations with Power Virtual Agents
I use the POWER PLATFORM, how can I integrate?
- PVA & Power Automate: Blog | Webinar | Automate actions for a bot
- PVA & PowerApps: Embedding PVA into Power App portals | PVA as an iFrame in Power Apps Canvas
- PVA & PowerBI: Custom Analytics Solution with BI
- PVA & Dataverse: Call dataverse data via Power Automate
I use MICROSOFT TEAMS, how can I integrate?
- Get started for free in Microsoft Teams at https://aka.ms/PVAForTeams
- PVA in Teams: Guidance | Mechanics Show
- PVA in Teams new features: Ignite Show
- PVA in Teams template: Blog | Github
I use AZURE, how can I integrate?
- PVA on Azure: Homepage
- PVA & Azure Bot Framework Composer (Included in your PVA subscription): Blog | Build a bot series | Tech docs
- PVA & QnA maker: Guidance
- PVA & Azure Services: Calling as bot skills | Calling as Power Automate flow
I use DYNAMICS 365, how can I integrate?
- PVA & Dynamics 365 Customer Service chat bots: Blog | Guidance | Hand off to live agent
- PVA & D365 Customer Service voice bots: Ignite session | Guidance
- PVA & D365 Sales: Encore’s example
- PVA & D365 Finance and operations: Techtalk
I am interested in CENTRE OF EXCELLENCES, ADMINISTRATION AND GOVERNANCE
- Power Platform Adoption | Webpage | Workbook| Best Practices | Adoption Maturity Model
- Power Platform Centre of Excellence starter Kit | Guidance | Github
- Power Platform Admin Centre | Login
- Security and Governance | Blog
- Power Platform International Availability | Guidance | PDF download
- Regional settings and data locations | Guidance
- GDPR Compliance | Guidance
- Environment strategy | Blog
- Governance considerations | Guidance
I am a Microsoft PARTNER
- Power Virtual Agents in a day events: Register here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Power Platform partner stories | Here
Show me CUSTOMER STORIES
- The Miami Dolphins give fans the information they want when they want it with Power Virtual Agents
- Fusion development teams and Power Virtual Agents enable rapid COVID-19 response at Ottawa Public Health
- HP uses artificial intelligence to transform its customer support experience
- TruGreen’s new take on technology—a catalyst for greener lawns and happier customers
- International energy services & solutions company maximises the returns from citizen development
- Microsoft improves marketing operations efficiency with Microsoft Power Platform
- Virgin Atlantic reaches new heights with innovations powered by the Microsoft Cloud
- Nonprofit digitally transforms to enable remote collaboration and respond to a community in crisis
- Transforming healthcare delivery with virtual consultations on Microsoft Teams and Power Virtual Agents
- ÖBB builds low code chatbot, delivers better customer service to travellers with Power Virtual Agents
All public customer stories available here
- Tomasz Poszytek – YouTube
- Lisa Crosbie – YouTube
- Renato Romao – YouTube
- Prashant Shukla – YouTube
- Reza Dorrani – YouTube
- Kent Weare – YouTube
- Matt Collins Jones – YouTube
- Dhruvin Shah – YouTube
- Eric Sauve – YouTube
I need some HELP
- Join the Power Virtual Agents Community
- View Documentation
- Bot Sharing Gallery
- Partner Appsource
- View the blog
We hope you find all of these resources useful! if you have any feedback on areas you would like to learn more, let us know by tweeting us @MSPowerVirtual.