Power Virtual Agents in a Day Update – New Canvas, New Content!
At Microsoft Build, the latest version of Power Virtual Agents became Generally Available (GA) and we are so excited for you to try the new features announced. These new features include Power Virtual Agent’s new authoring studio, generative answers and co-pilot, and the announcement of generative actions that utilizes a library of plugins and automatically identifies one that can fulfill the request – in real time.
With this announcement comes some big updates to Power Virtual Agent’s supporting materials and documentation covering the latest functionality. Customers and partners can now use the latest content including Power Virtual Agents in a Day (PVAiaD) student and instructor content.
What is a Power Virtual Agents in a Day event?
Power Virtual Agents in a Day is part of Microsoft’s In a Day (XIAD) program that is a one-day hands-on Partner led workshop for end users that provides new skills to help customers use and adopt Power Platform products, and advocate within their organization. Organizations can also choose to take the content and run their own events internally within their company and can be used generally by anyone who wants to use it for learning and training.
PVAID includes specific lab content for students, and for instructors, materials for them to run the event for their students. Microsoft Partners can become an XIAD Partner by reviewing the material on how to sign up as a XAID Partner, the program requirements and follow the process to create Microsoft affiliated events on the Microsoft Events page for people to sign up.
Power Virtual Agents in a day – Reimagined
As a result of the new release and the feedback we have received for both Power Virtual Agents latest features and pilots we have run across the last 6 months in the XIAD Communities, the product group have taken the time to review the opportunity we have to serve all the areas that the product operates in, including Low Code, Data and AI, Business Applications and Modern Work and create flexible material that can be catered for all these different areas and domains, especially where Microsoft Partners also have different specialisms and areas of expertise that should be promoted and utilized within the events they run.
To take this feedback into consideration, we are excited to share the latest version of Power Virtual Agents in a Day has been refined with the following updates:
- Labs are no longer dependent on each other and instead have ‘recommendations’ on pre-requisite labs that are not mandatory. Students can move to the next lab without finishing the lab if required and would not be ‘stuck’ as there are no dependencies in an environment to complete a lab.
- We have created a format where foundational product content that covers fundamentals can be covered in approx. half a day and extended using elective modules based on the type of event and expertise of the Partner. There will be upcoming guidance on a ‘standard’ or ‘typical’ format if the Partner did not want to customize the agenda themselves.
- By providing flexibility for extensive modules, these will be published within an elective library with the instructor material and within Microsoft Learn when the content is created and updated. Catering for the extensibility of the product to support additional applications.
- We have expanded on the fundamental content and created brand new fundamental content to highlight key features including NLU, Generative AI Features and Labs, including Generative Answers and Copilot, and Power Automate, in addition to “how to plan for a PVA project” using the Power CAT PVA Playbook
- The Lab material is now on Microsoft Learn to help distribute content easier for students.
The new Instructor material includes:
- The main instructor deck that is used to walk through the labs with the students now includes a brand new introductory session that the instructor presents which includes Conversational AI fundamentals, approaches, and considerations when working with Power Virtual Agents and a core introduction to PVA to help set the scene for the day and educate on key terminology that students may not be familiar with
- The initial Train the Trainer deck has been updated and covers the latest updates and how to run a PVAIAD event.
- Instructions on setting up environments and users (unchanged from previous material)
Get started with Power Virtual Agents in a Day and ensure you are signed up to be a PVAIAD Partner. As a Microsoft Partner, you can generate interest and thought leadership in the latest AI features for customers within Power Virtual Agents. If you’re a customer, either consider joining a Partner led event or run your own internal event using this content!
- As a student, check out the Microsoft Learn Power Virtual Agents in a day NEW Lab Content here
- Review the latest Instructor material.
- Microsoft Partners to check out the latest content on the Power Platform Hub
- Provide feedback on PVAIAD – Power Virtual Agents in a Day Updates – Feature Requests | Product Roadmap
For more information reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org